Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sex(in the)pot

I got laid on Sunday!!!! High fives all around!

I was at a book club on Saturday, and we were discussing this self-helpy book we read, and one of the women said, with an absolutely straight face: "You know that couple that had a terrible sex life? They were only having sex, like, once a week?"

So if I could remember back that far, I would guess that I could still count on one hand the number of times that Anonyhubby and I have done it since Anonybabe was born - 8 MONTHS AGO. At least our sex drives have been on the same dismal page since then, so in general we are both relieved that the other isn't feeling too depraved. We've talked about it. When we do get a precious moment of non-babycare time, the bed (or the couch, since Anonybabe is still sleeping there) isn't the first place we jump to. I guess now we know if we were stranded on a desert island, a sex toy wouldn't top our list of things we'd need to make it through alive.

But I am a little wistful about the lack of shtupping in my life. I've been listening to a lot of Savage Love podcasts at work. It appears I do have a sex drive hidden in there somewhere, since I haven't lost interest completely. Our sex life has a lot of evolving to do anyway, so I guess that's something to look forward to when we do start getting randy again.

No comments: