Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mad Marriage


Anonyhub and I have watched a few episodes of "Mad Men" together over the past couple of nights. Good show. It's mostly about sexism so far, and set in the 50's so the characters can say outrageous things no one could get away with now.


We talked for hours after both of our TV-watching sessions ended. It was nice. Anonyhub said some things I didn't expect him to say; he made me laugh, and vice versa. We talked about sex, and past relationships. For so long, we've only ever talked about Anonybabe. We were/are both a bit obsessed with her.


I like that my focus on Anonybabe is easing a bit. She's still the apple of my eye, but the more I see she can fend for herself, the more I let go and let her hold her own. It felt appropriate - if exhausting - to play hovercraft over her for a couple of years. Now, it doesn't feel so appropriate. I feel like I'm waking up and realizing I have a life, I have a husband, I have some goals. It's pretty exciting, actually. Knowing that I have all of these things and a kick-ass little kid to watch blossom along the way.


No comments: