Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Slept, slept

So anonybaby only got a couple of hours last night before her dad and I woke her up trying to suction snot out of her nose. She could barely nurse because she was so stuffed up. I think it's from a cold I gave her. Or some yogurt I gave her. At any rate something that lets me self-indulge in some guilt.

She was pretty happy to be awake and got a big kick out of watching her dad take a shower (we hoped being in a steamy bathroom would help the green stuff flow). Can I just say I love anonydad? He was spitting water at her and making his hair into a mohawk and basically keeping us both entertained through our snot and sleep deprivation. Then I slept with her on the lazyboy so she could be somewhat vertical. Horizontal she was sputtering and coughing out her pacifier with all of the phlegm running down her throat.

She was unhappy, but I was unhappier and a little...shall we say...invasive?...with my comfort techniques.

I wonder if she would have slept better without them.

Dear god, parenthood is a bitch of a mirror in which to see yourself.

Anyway, score on getting to sleep with miss thang in my arms all night.

No comments: