Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's always teething

I was going to write yet another what -the-hell-is-happening-to-my-daughter post. She's been sleeping horribly, waking up at 2am for two nights in a row, screaming and fussing. She's been throwing full on temper tantrums during the day, yelling "no" to everything we say, throwing and kicking, refusing kisses and swinging wildly at our faces, and sobbing with an arched back when we try to put her down for a nap or bedtime.

As she was wailing this morning, I got a good look at her top teeth. Two molars breaking through, a thin layer of skin covering the back halves, the front halves plainly visible. Ever since I've been way more sympathetic to her plight. I know kids don't just act shitty for no reason, but since I didn't know Anonybabe's reason I was about fed up. Amazing what a little empathy'll do. That, and the realization that it's safe to go outside and play hard because your daughter's temperature and runny nose aren't going to get any worse if you go to the playground.

No comments: