Sunday, May 31, 2009

The old girl now has it

That was invigorating.

I'm still tipsy from a get-together I just got back from; a friend of ours is moving to L.A., to try to make it as a stand-up comedienne. She had a goodbye party tonight and Anonyhub and I stopped by with a sleeping Anonybabe.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy it. At all. I worried that a judgmental ex-boyfriend was going to be there; I worried that I'd see people I'd always had trouble making chit-chat with (people I hadn't seen in 8 years).

But it was fun! Anonyhub had to drag me away. I was ready to booze and chat it up far into the night. On the walk home, I told Anonyhub I think I was expecting a party with 20-30 somethings, like the one's I experienced 10 years ago. I didn't count on everyone maturing as much as we had.

Seriously? In almost every way, I love not being in my 20s any more.

No comments: