Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mah BAY-bies!

Anonybabe pretends that everything she touches is someone or something else. Everything. While in the bathtub she pretends that baby pink washcloth is going with mama hairball to the toy store; while at the table she pretends that daddy fork and baby green bean are going to the book store; she walks household items around in that bouncy exaggerated pretend walk she learned from us. Bounce, bounce, bounce - characters in her mundane and thorough recreation of reality.

It's cute, I guess, but odd. I tend to get a little tetchy around it. I spent a lot of time in a fantasy world as a kid, and I get annoyed when Anonybabe does the same thing. I want her here, in this world, with me. Was/am I really that annoying to be around when I'm in my head? One of those unfortunate, I-don't-like-it-in-her-because-I-don't-like-it-in-myself kind of things. Add it to the list of things to work on.

But this I really liked:
Anonybabe as mama-spoon: (marching Mama spoon loudly on the glass table over to the cheese slices) bang, bang, bang. Oh! Are you my baby cheeses?
Anonybabe as baby cheeses: Oh! Yes! We are! We are going to go into Anonybabe's mouth!
(Anonybabe chews, swallows)
Anonybabe as mama spoon: (To us) Anonybabe ate my babies! (Anonybabe rests mama spoon on her tongue so she can look down her throat) Babieth! Ah you ehn there?

No comments: