Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm no foodie, but I'm kind of a redneck


Okay, this isn't typical Anonymoms fare but it looked like fun - a personality test of sorts via food.


How the Omnivore's 100 works:


1) Copy this list into your email, blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Red any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional: Post a comment at Very Good Taste, linking to your results.


5) Also optional, I'm italicizing the ones I looked up.


MY OMNIVORE'S 100:
1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile (I think...I'm 80% sure I had this at the Grizzly)
6. Black pudding (I assumed this was blood pudding but wasn't sure).
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp
9. Borscht (Really thick with potatoes is so tasty)
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari (The only appetizer my workmates can consistently agree on)
12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes (Boones! And I've had dandelion wine, does that count?)
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche (I think...I mean surely I've eaten this although I couldn't tell you when).
28. Oysters
29. Baklava (Blech)
30. Bagna cauda (that sounds really good)
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi (also sounds really good)
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar (I've had cognac, and I've had cigars, but I probably won't have them singly or together again any time soon.)
37. Clotted Cream Tea (I was served this by a very condescending American Anglophile hostess. "Do you know what clotted cream is, Anonymom?"
38. Vodka Jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail (nope, but I used McCormick's Oxtail soup mix to make #9 before...and it was good.)
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects (Yes, but I assume this means prepared on purpose, not the ones I ate while riding my bike)
43. Phaal (I don't think so...I'm assuming this is beyond green curry hot).
44. Goat's milk (Raw. It was enough to turn me off of even goat cheese for a while).
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth $120 or more
46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala (You know, I can't imagine that I haven't but I couldn't tell you when)
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin (Wait...maybe I had this in a sushi roll?)
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer (hmmm, I don't think so)
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal (no special sauce, please)
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine (mmmm, cheese curd fries; wanna try it!)
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads
63. kaolin (Still don't know what this is)
64. Currywurst
65. Durian (woah. That's a cool looking fruit)
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings or andouillette (probably wouldn’t try these knowingly)
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost or brunost
75. Roadkill (my uncle hit a deer once on the way to my grandparents, so he strapped it on top of his jeep and they prepared it and stored it in the freezer. We had lots of venison dishes for our next few visits)
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail
79. Lapsang Souchong (I don't think so, although a Chinese co-worker was always passing around teas she brought back from her trips home while bemoaning the shittiness of American teas. Maybe she slipped me some.)
80. Bellini (Sounds good)
81. Tom Yum
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky
84. 3 Michelin Star Tasting Menu
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare
87. Goulash
88. Flowers
89. Horse
90. Criollo chocolate (don't think so)
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake

No comments: