Monday, August 18, 2008

So Cute it Hurts

Ever had your kid, or your significant other, or your friend or whoever, be so cute or nice or loving and all it does it get on your nerves?

Anonybabe babbles now; this sweet, dulcet-toned rambling that occasionally sounds language-like. It's adorable until it NEVER STOPS. Last night Anonybabe and I laid down to go to sleep at the same time and I guess she was only nominally tired because while I drifted in and out of consciousness, I heard an unbroken string of "ba boo da da" that lasted almost an hour before she finally gave in to the sandman. I would have almost welcomed a pissy cry or two just to liven things up.

And Anonyhub chose yesterday to be father/husband of the year; he wanted to spend all day hanging out with us when all I really wanted was a little mother/daughter time. Then when Anonybabe was taking her nap and I thought Anonyhub was off on a two-hour errand, he came back home in ten minutes and wanted to instead sit and talk...just talk. I was all ready to veg out and watch my Veronica Mars Netflix while he was gone and had to really will myself to listen to him without stealing longing glances at the tv. So I was miserable because I wasn't getting to watch my show and I was miserable because I had something far superior to tv sitting in front of me and all I wanted was for him to go away for an hour or so. Poor guy.

No comments: