Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bittersweet


All accounts to the contrary, I do love my husband.


We had a particularly good time the other night at a friend's house. A couple of us decided at some previous get-together that it would be fun to try to make furniture out of cardboard. So four of us gathered boxes, box cutters, "Liquid Nails" adhesive, and ourselves and met. I came up with a half-assed cumbersome design for a chair. Anonyhub came up with a design that was not only functional but damn good looking. Watching him sketch it out made me feel all lovey. I love that mah boo has an eye for the aesthetically pleasing. We were all drinking beer and quipping while we sat on the floor and sliced up boxes and not once, but twice (!) I made Anonyhub laugh out loud.


We have a trip to Hawaii scheduled for March (my brother's getting married there) and Anonyhub and I are going to go it alone. Being away from Anonybabe for 5 days is going to be incredibly hard, but I think being alone with Anonyhub for 5 days is going to be such a boon to our relationship that everybody wins.


(Note: not our chair design above; I'll post a picture if/when we actually finish it).

No comments: