Thursday, May 22, 2008

Anatomy Lessons

Anonybabe shocked me last week by knowing where her nipple was. We'd just finished nursing and mine was hanging out there and Anonybabe pointed to it, as she's been wont to do lately.

"Yeah," I said. "That's mom's nipple. Do you know where Anonybabe's nipple is?" thinking this would be as good an opportunity as any to start to teach her. She pointed right to it!

She also surprised me with "blanket". I mean, the word has certainly been bandied about the house, but not with careful deliberation like "doggie" or "tree" or "boodie" have.

Yesterday she succesfully pointed to all of the articles of Anonyhub's clothing as he called them out: "socks" "pants" "shirt". And then! she used her three syllables: "buh" "kuh" and "puh" for various words around the house. Most of them even kinda correspond. Pacifier - "puh". Bear (as in Teddy, we're not the Grizzley Adams) "buh". Keys - "kuh" Sock - "kuh".

Three months ago she didn't know her elbow from her asshole and now she's understanding words willy-nilly? I think I need my lapbelt.

No comments: