Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Scarlet Letter


Fair warning: those of you who don't like talk of menstruation in general, or my crotch in particular, should probably opt out of this post.

Dude, I bled into my panties today. This is the first time that's happened in almost two years. I mean, I've had extremely light spotting for several months now. So light that I only knew I was spotting through basic post-bladder emptying hygiene, if you get my drift.

To my mind, this represents a blatant mark of a return to my own normalcy. My body, my mind, my feelings - even my eating and sleeping habits have been slowly aligning themselves with my pre-pregnancy self. Perhaps related, I tend to think of Anonybabe as her own person now instead of an extension of me. For a while it really was hard to separate, and I don't think that was just my neuroses talkin'. If you grow someone in your belly, you tend to feel attached.

So this missive from my uterus has me feeling pretty good. What am I going to do next with this wonderful gift of me now that that body snatcher mama nature is done with me for the time being?

No comments: