Monday, May 26, 2008

Lovely Sunday

Today was kind of awesome. I tried to center it around things Anonybabe and I like to do. For her, I made sure she got to spend some quality time climbing stairs and digging in dirt and riding on a bus. For me, I got to have a little picnic and go on an outing that had no real clear game plan.

The picnic was great. We laid out a big quilt in our teeny back yard (We easily covered a quarter of the space with it) and I put Anonybabe's body bib on and let her go to town on some roasted beets and oranges. When she was done she had Ronald McDonald clown face and beet juice covered her hands and feet and had dripped onto my leg. We were both all sticky from the orange that dripped juice when Anonybabe would lift her piece triumphantly and squish it before putting it in her mouth or mine. When we were done she crawled over and picked a clover flower, which we both sniffed, before I wiped off her hands, feet and face.

All mealtimes should be like that.

Then we took a couple of buses to ostensibly go to a resale shop before dropping in on Anonyhub at work. We didn't make it before the thrift store closed but it didn't really matter. I purposefully set out without really knowing whether my bus route would work so we could have a shrink-a-dink sized adventure.

And tomorrow is another holiday. More please!

No comments: