Thursday, July 10, 2008

More thoughts on breastises


My sister got a boob job yesterday. She is just shy of 31. In her 19th year, she got pregnant with a son, and her modest perky B cups ballooned overnight and early on into DD. The post-partum result was disastrous. Her shriveled, deflated balloons, she called them, and ever since her boobs have gone into hiding. I've never seen them since - apparently her husband rarely does either - but from her descriptions I can picture them vividly. I think of Carol Burnett's Mrs. Hanigan boobs from Annie. There's a scene where she shakes her rack during a song and dance, and the move always made me think of dangly bean bags. All of the weight hanging low.


About 5 years ago, my sister and I found out that our mom had had a boob job after the birth of our brother. My dad, freshly divorced and still prone to sharing things inappropriately floorboarded us both with the news. "Oh, you didn't know that?" he asked. I think it gave my sister and I a whole new perspective on boob jobs - our modest, slightly dippy mother had quietly restored her rack after pregnancy and nursing and mother nature had taken them away.


It took my sister another 5 years to do the research, build up the nerve and justify spending the money. Her biggest fear is that the work will be obvious. She just wants to be able to take her shirt off in front of her husband without worrying about what he thinks.

When I asked Anonyhub if he would mind if I got a boob job, he didn't hesitate, in fact, he answered before I even finished my question. "No. Why would I mind bigger boobs?" And with that, I was rendered a little giggly and speechless.

No comments: