Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bedtime is for suckers

Anonyhub and Anonybabe and I went to visit some friends of ours today; they have two kids. The oldest is 4 and the youngest is 2 1/2 and their bedtime is a fiasco of musical beds every night. The kids start around 7 pm in their own beds, then one or both inevitably wake up between 10-11 to crawl into bed with mom, which inevitably pushes the husband out of their queen size circa 1am to go sleep the rest of the night in the kids' bed. It is an absurd routine and I've turned my nose up at it from day one.

But get this, it's 11:33pm and Anonybabe is still chilling in the living room with us even though she is obviously tired. We've given her lots of opportunities to sleep but she's just not having it and after a while I just get tired fighting her. My friends' rationale as well.

An added bonus to our own bedtime circus. Anonybabe is still hitting me in the face a lot even though she cries big fat tears when Anonyhub tries to take her to put her to sleep. He gets no such love pats.

I was proud of Anonybabe today at the friends' house. She really loosened up and played there. She went so far as to make peeps. Some really loud squeally ones. What fun.

No comments: