Thursday, April 24, 2008

Loop me dead


If I have to listen to "Love Me Dead" play in a loop in my head one more time, I'm going to have to shoot me dead. I went down some sort of Ludo wormhole after my post the other day.

I watched their "Love Me Dead" video approximately 756 times in row. "How cute!" I thought. "How fun!"

Then I watched every freaking video journal entry they had about the making of their album. Interesting? Kind of. Sort of. Not really.

Why am I wired to go on these obsessive jags? I can no longer eat Cheetos because I ate them every single day for lunch in the 7th grade, and somehow completely fried my Cheeto appreciation center. I'll wear the same shoes pretty much every day until they fall apart. And I do this repeatedly with songs or albums I like, listening to them over and over and over again until the music that was once enjoyable turns on me, stalks me, plays itself over and over again in my mind until I'm screaming for mercy. In the middle of the night, in the morning when I wake up. The music that was once good to hear is ruined forever for me.

Anonymom rattles head, thunks it with the heel of her hand. Really. What's going on in there?

No comments: