Monday, February 4, 2008

Pain in the neck


I have emotional whiplash from loving/hating my husband.

I remember about 2 weeks ago feeling all warm-fuzzy about how great he is and how I love that he takes care of the house and Anonybabe and supports me emotionally and is cute and has common sense and morals...and he paints and plays guitar and listens to the presidential debates!

And this weekend he couldn't say boo without me hating his guts. His common sense and morals in particular were getting on my nerves. Why does he want to take extra time to scoop out the car in the morning? Isn't this the same guy who is always so worried about me getting to work on time, and now he wants to hold me up? Also, he stayed after work one night to talk to the parents of one of his teenage co-workers...people he really likes and they really like him too. They think he's funny and nice and I agree. But he lost track of time and didn't call me to tell me he was headed home until midnight. That wasn't the problem. I figured he was taking some much needed time hanging out and was just gearing up to call him just to make sure he was still a-okay. But he apologized up and down for not calling, saying over and over again that he was sorry and that not calling was unacceptable. That got on my nerves. Mostly because he loses his shit when I don't call to say where I am and I wish he would lighten up about it. I love getting so lost in enjoying something that I lose track of time; I find it very relaxing. So the fact that he always rejects this as evil and inconsiderate just bothers me.

Obviously I still have a little venom in my tank, but I'm winding down. We ramped things up Friday night by talking about ways we are not on the same page when it comes to child-rearing, religion, socializing, and housecleaning. Four topics that should never be aired at once if you want to have a nice weekend with your spouse.

No comments: