Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The doggone girl is mine

For the first time in a long time, Anonyhub and I fought over who got to care for Anonybabe. She has some mystery illness: she has a mild fever and will occasionally squint and cry. Weird. Scary. Upsetting. In between squints and cries she is acting normal. But her fuse seemed short, and at one point she was almost asleep in my arms and when I moved her up on my chest she just started bawling. Anonyhub wanted to hold her; I wanted to hold her...then later I was given the bird for scooping her up before he could get to her.

I apologized later for bogarting the baby, which he thanked me for, but I wanted to take it back when he then got all victim-y and said that I always swoop in on his baby time, taking her away, etc.

Wah. Who's the baby here?

He'd been out with a buddy for burgers beforehand. I wonder if he got a beer? That might've brought out his inner whiney-puss.

No comments: