Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Don't stop til you get enough


I did it! I turned in my first assignment for this writing program I'm taking.


Skip-a-dee-do-da, ya'll!


This is vaguely pertinent to the blog because I've wanted to pursue writing seriously since I was a little girl but didn't have the guts to put myself out there. Anonybabe was a big impetus to get my behind in gear because I really want her to follow her own dreams. I can lecture her about that until I'm blue in the face - and probably will - but actions speak louder than words. It is extremely easy to fall into the rut of doing what your parents did when you aren't really sure what actions to take next. I spent a lot of energy circa college being mad at my mom for shelving her dreams completely to raise 3 kids. Once I hit young womanhood I realized that a working model of what I could become other than a stay-at-home mommy would have been really helpful. I've since learned to be more forgiving, but I'd still like to show Anonybabe how to live for herself so she's happy and confident enough that others will enjoy her as well. Might as well leave her some positive ruts along with the bad ones, no?


More on the list of items I'll pursue in order to mash a rut of self-actualization into the dirt road of my daughter's future:


  • Front a country and/or swing band

  • Start a grrrrl band long enough to put together 10 horrendous & joy-filled songs

  • Buy a piano

  • Read books in the bathtub

  • Swing dance/tango

  • Take some sort of fly girl dance/exercise class: something like Jackson-size: recreating the video dance moves of Michael and Janet or Supadupafly: mimicking Missy Elliott videos

  • Tap dance class

  • Etc, etc.

It's easier to enjoy myself when I can do it in the name of my daughter. And it makes me so much more of a pleasant Anonymom and Anonywife.


I took Anonybabe out for a day of socializing this past weekend. I don't know how much she enjoyed it, but I sure did. And I enjoyed her a lot more than usual at the end of the day, because my tank was full.


So the formula seems to be: me, me me = I love you you you

No comments: