Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Humpday

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I think we're over the hump. Anonybabe is still coughing like a pack-a-dayer, but mostly she is back to her old self (complete with frantically protesting bedtime).

I can't tell yet, but Anonyhubby seems to be doing better too. After over two weeks of sickness, our tempers are short and we've had a few good and disheartening rows, but last night at least was nice and mellow. Our fights suck but lately I do seem to learn something about Anonyhub and how he ticks through them. I learn another way to make things work. I wish we had a more peaceful way of communicating, but there it is. At least I feel like we're groping our way towards a better place in our marriage - it gives me hope to know that the fighting isn't necessarily in vain.

On to happier fare: Anonybabe stuck out her tongue yesterday in response to Anonyhubby. It cracks us up. Also, she seems to have the base of a couple of words: she'll say "puh" and her face will light up when we bring up apples, and the same light bright of a face with "boo" when we talk about reading a book with her. Of course "bu, bu, bu" is kind of her description for everything right now, but it seems to me she does it with a little more joie de vive where books are concerned.

No comments: