Wednesday, January 30, 2008

!!!!!!!


I can't believe I forgot to post this yet! I was so busy getting excited about my buddy's visit and laughing at the baby care diagrams that I forgot to feel sorry for myself about something huge.

Anonybabe preferred her dad last night.

I had an inkling we were in the midst of a shift when two nights ago, I came home to find Anonyhubby and Anonybabe watching Family Guy. The TV is usually on when I come home; that's nothing new, but Anonybabe crawls excitedly my way while I struggle to get my wet boots and coat and hat off in time to swoop her up and give her a big hug before nursing her. This time Anonyhubby was holding her and standing in front of the television, arrested as he was mid tidying up by some joke. Both of them looked over at me long enough to greet me when I walked in, and then their eyes swerved back to the cartoon. They were pleased enough to see me, but you know, Stewie had started his own company and was firing Brian, and it was all in such captivating full color.

Then last night it was the same pleasant enough greeting. She endured my meal & nursing, and even smiled and laughed with me a little, but mostly just wasn't that into hanging out. Dad got home and she was all smiles...I gotta admit, he is a lot more fun to play with...he growls and throws her in the air and everything. I mostly do something that I think might be fun and then look expectantly at her for a reaction. Usually she gets pissed if Anonyhubby tries to take her and put her to sleep, but last night she was really fighting the sleep in my arms. Squirming and pushing against my belly with her feet. I had really wanted to put down since I felt like I hadn't really connected with her after work, but finally I broke down and called Anonyhubby in to take her. She went without a whimper! I told him I wanted her back if she started crying, but she didn't. I fell asleep feeling kinda lonely and she fell asleep in daddy's arms .

I've totally been predicting this day, and I figured I'd be sad, but I immediately wanted to go into full-on ya-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta, put on a side show to ingratiate myself to the baby mode. I knew my boobs couldn't captivate her forever. SIGH.

No comments: