Monday, January 28, 2008

Notch in the Headboard

As of last night. This is very unspontaneous of me, but if I can get some nookie in once a week, be it good, bad, or ugly, I'll feel a lot better about my relationship with anonyhubby. We just need something - anything - to ensure that we're doing something together on a regular basis. Since we don't macrame or wine-taste together, sex it is. We've got the tools; we've got the space. If and when Anonybabe sleeps, we've got the time. It may be artificial and forced to count the times Anonyhubby and I make it as an indicator of the health of our relationship, but.... I don't have a "but", at this point it doesn't really matter if I'm being artificial and forced. When you're in ill health it sucks to monitor your eating or exercise habits, but you do it anyway to get yourself to a point where you don't have to pay so much attention anymore. Anonyhubby and I are out of the honeymoon period and I feel like the relationship needs maintenance if it's going to keep running properly. It might not help, but one good pounding a week is a prescription that certainly couldn't hurt anybody. And I can attest that going without for three monthish stretches hasn't been helping. So I'm pencilling in a weekly session of "together" time...yep...right here between "showering" and "climb mount laundry".

No comments: