Monday, March 10, 2008

Pass the Ham


I told you about Anonybabe's recent tendency to zerbert any exposed flesh that might be lying around. At first she did it because she liked the sound and feel of it. But now she's fishing for a reaction.




And when I fed her with her spoon this weekend and let her guide the bite to her own mouth, she would leave the spoon in, sticking out, and give me a look like "How silly am I? Huh? Yea?". To which I would give her the same blank stare she was giving me just a month or so ago.



I don't like it when she hams it up like this, but I know she didn't learn it from Anonyhub. My anything-for-a-laugh tactic of child-rearing is already coming back to bite me in the face.


Oh well. Maybe we can do an unfunny mother-daughter stand-up routine for show and tell, complete with zerberts, ridiculous dances, absurd make-it-up-as-you-go-along song lyrics, and spoons in our mouths.


Or maybe I can learn to break the cycle of unfunny by just letting us sit and frown a lot. That sounds slightly more palatable.

No comments: